My Website

Shepody's Quilter/Hand Quilting Services...send me your quilt top...I'll hand quilt it for you.

Friday, September 25, 2015

FMQ Challenge/Sept 2015

Hello again! This year is just flying by here...I find it going way too fast.  We are at the end of Sept. already, and posting this months pillow challenge.  This time around, our professional is Terri Lucas.
She does fantastic things with her kaleidoscope effects of fabric!!


Now, before showing you my pillow....Explaining is required...lol.  Well, you know how sometimes, we think we know what we are doing????  Lol....that was one of those times for me.
I went ahead and made my pillow, quilting my feather freehand...then went back to check out the page!!!!!  You know the rest...don't you!   Wrong thing to do!!!!  Too funny though...really, get in a hurry, then spend more time re doing.

So, here is my first pillow...the mistake.
Right....wrong!!!  lol
Now, the right pillow....
See...we were suppose to trace this little feather because of the kalidescope effect. But, in all one colour...it doesn't show anyway. I just filled the back ground with a fun filler. 
This was the last option possible for this month; as all the other options required software that I don't have. This one went back to the 2012 challenge.

So, there you go folks....another month finished up! Please take a look at the linky page to see some great pieces.


10 comments:

  1. Really beautiful pillow with lovely free-motion quilting. Total #CreativeGoodness.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful pillow with lovely free-motion quilting. Total #CreativeGoodness.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely. It has some great movement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both beautiful Marjorie, I remember doing that design in 2012 too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the second one better. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well they both look pretty! I love the pillows where the quilting is the star.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your pillow was great and you got double practice and two lovely cushions
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice one...you did great. I did not do the pillow this month as I do not have the software...will get back to it for next month

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of your pillows, your work is lovely. You can FMQ and hand quilt, you are a "double threat" (like they say in the theater world about someone who can sing and dance?) : )

    ReplyDelete