My Website

Shepody's Quilter/Hand Quilting Services...send me your quilt top...I'll hand quilt it for you.

Monday, May 16, 2011

My First Raw Edge Applique

I had so much fun making this quilt...it is a large quilt.
I can't remember the exact measurements...but at least
queen size. There were so many little pieces to cut out and fuse
to the fabric...lol. And then to applique each little piece.
But it was certainly an experience.
It is called Sunflower and I just loved it
once it was finished...I hope you enjoy it too.

13 comments:

  1. I just love how the flowers flow over the quilt breaking out of their sashed squares...and the border is terrific! Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt - love the colors, and worth all your effort! A treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its gorgeous. I love the colours..very mellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful Marjorie , that is a lot of applique and you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the yellow. What did you do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The pieceing and quilting are amazing. You did a fantastic job! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing. I'm a new quilter and have only done a tiny applique project so far. I'm starting a pontsettia quilt soon. I hope it's half as nice as this! Thanks for your comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! But then again...I love all your quilts! :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quilt is a thing of beauty! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful quilt! You have tremendous patience. Also the quilting is lovely and it looks so nice on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely quilt. So vibrantly friendly! Thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, fantastic quilt, you put so much work into it! Good luck int the Bloggers Quilt Festival!

    ReplyDelete