My Website

Shepody's Quilter/Hand Quilting Services...send me your quilt top...I'll hand quilt it for you.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday

The week has gone by and it has been a nice week here. I am almost over my cold...which is soooooo nice.
We have been walking in the woods everyday; which hubby loves, and I get used to.lol.....really it takes a little convincing before the first walk of the winter; but I love it once I decide to go. Today was mild and easy walking; very enjoyable really.

My progress this week: The commissioned quilt is finished
                                    I have the next one in the frames
                                    my project for the blog hop next month is ready
                                    practice is moving along with the FMQ Challenge
                                    the rest of my list is the same....waiting...lol

Finished Quilt
I am linking up to Lee and Monika take a look and see what is going on all over the world. Have a great day.
First attempts at the FMQ Challenge
Second Attempts   .....sorry for the poor arrangement of pictures. They just didn't cooperate....lol.                                                                                                                              

24 comments:

  1. I just love your quilt. I find a quilt with yellow always appeals to me. I've never done one with it though. duh. I also love the combination of piecing and appliqué a lot.

    Great results on the FMQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the yellow. My favorite quilts have yellow in them (and hand quilting : )

    You know it's a Canadian blog when you have to talk about the weather! : ) Thanks for linking!

    ~Monika
    Sewing in -48C (Saskatoon with wind)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you do such amazing work! and look at you trying the fmq! it looks good - lots of progress here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your quilt is very pretty. The negative flowers are a look I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your FMQ is great! Nice to have a finish under your belt. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful job on the quilt and your FMQ is really coming along well. I need to get back at the practicing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous quilt! Glad to hear you're feeling better, it's no fun to be down with a cold. Your FMQ is looking good, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt is lovely! the colours just really work their magic! and the fmq blocks are looking great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog through The Needle and Thread. What a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you are a fast hand quilter. That is such a sweet quilt.
    Your free motion looks pretty good too.
    It is so beautiful here right now with our fresh snow, although it is going to be very cold to-night and tomorrow. I love to walk in the woods and I'm often the one dragging my husband out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your quilts. I'm supposed to be doing the FMQ challenge as well, but haven't even started. I think yours' looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a really pretty quilt-- and it's hand-quilted too. I think that the hand quilting really suits the fabrics and mood of the quilt. I love those art to heart fabrics,...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful quilt, love the way the flowers are done! Your heart leaves look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My friend KT is doing the challenge as well and your leaves look great! I love the flowers on the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your quilt and I like your fmq too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your heart quilting is definitely better than my first attempts. I'm still trying but I'm not sure I'm getting better. :( blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful quilt and fabulous FMQ!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great finish, Marjorie. Your free motion blocks look great too. Hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilt is just gorgeous. I love the colors too.

    I haven't tried my FMQ yet. Your leaves look great.

    There is nothing like a good cold to make you appreciate feeling good again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the great pics of the nine patch quilt...I really love the applique.
    Your FMQ looks really good

    ReplyDelete
  21. The quilt is lovely and your fmq is great! I think walks in the woods also sound good but I expect you are nicely bundled up.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful quilt! I wish that I could learn FMQ but so far my attempts have been pretty poor. Even after taking a class. I can't get the tension right on my machine for one thing. I just get frustrated when I try to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your finished quilt is great, Marjorie! Beautiful! Great job on the FMQ too. I like the spiral in the leaf - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The quilt is beautiful. I love the applique. Your FMQ leaves look great. I like the way you incorporated the swirls.

    ReplyDelete