My Website

Shepody's Quilter/Hand Quilting Services...send me your quilt top...I'll hand quilt it for you.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Bloggers Quilt Festival

Hello folks, it is time for the fun quilt festival!!!! I want to thank Amy from http://amyscreativeside.com/
For hosting the festival again, and spreading the word for all of us.  This year I am entering 2 large quilts as we can do just that.  This one is my very favorite quilt that I have ever made to this date.


This is called"Remembrance Poppy", which I made for a friend's daughter.
It is made from cotton fabrics and measures 90x100 inches.
I added the extra outside border because the pattern wasn't quite big enough.
This outside border was cut from my ribbon die for the Go Baby from Accuquilt.
I hand quilted this myself as this is what I do with the majority of my time.
You can see the colors , but the gray/green color in the ribbon border and the leaves has a sheen to it, which I just love.

I am entering this quilt in the large quilt category.



These are just a few pictures to show you the hand quilting.


The back of the quilt, which is actually a dark green....poor lighting.

11 comments:

  1. It is beautiful and I admire your lovely hand quilting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beauty and the quilting is so very perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! (I'm a veteran's daughter and granddaughter, so very special to me).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special quilt especially at this time of year. Good luck with both of your entries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great add with the border. Special tribute to Pam Bono, RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reflect the beam of your love into the lives of your dear ones by sending them these stunning arrangements of Flowers. Send Flowers to Paris through various online stores for your dear ones for whom you really care.http://www.parisflowershop.com

    ReplyDelete