My Website

Shepody's Quilter/Hand Quilting Services...send me your quilt top...I'll hand quilt it for you.

Thursday, July 23, 2015

FMQ Challenge/July

Can you believe it???????....almost the end of July!!!!!  today is a gorgeous, hot sunny day, and I mean hot. I mowed the lawns early this morning...before the grass was even near dry. We are expecting thunder showers anytime...so, I got out early and finished it.

Ok, to the business at hand....pillow challenge!  This month our expert is Paula Reid...if you don't know Paula, you got to look her up.  I have her DVD called 'Fluff and Stuff'...so that is the option I went with this time around.

Paula covers a lot of territory in this video, but she focuses on tracing stencils to follow with your machine needle.  I always had a hard time following a line!  This time...not!!!  I enjoyed each minute of it!!!!!

This pillow is quite similar to an earlier one I did, but it was free hand.  So, here we go....starting  my pillow.

first step...I drew the flower and stitched it out...then
the double circle and feather round.....drawn and stitched. And....
then, I added some fillers to finish it off...stippling in the Center and meandering around the outside of the feather.  I like!!!!!!

To see the rest of this months pillows....scoot over to Quiltshopgal...here;  








11 comments:

  1. Your pillow is lovely. FMQ is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful, small world had never heard of Paula till yesterday when someone else shared a video of her quilting, she is pretty amazing will have to see if I can find anymore of her videos on utube

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastice Marjorie , very well done .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice, Marjorie! Your pillow is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and even. Love your pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! The quilting shows up wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! I love the quilting and need to take a go at FMQ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done, Marjorie! The pillow looks elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful Marjorie, what fabric did you use and did you find it easy to work with?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete