My Website

Shepody's Quilter/Hand Quilting Services...send me your quilt top...I'll hand quilt it for you.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

FMQ Bonus Challenge

Just when I thought I was done....lol; along came SewCalGal with a bonus challenge for the month of December.  So; I had to do it...I haven't missed one yet. I am not good at these, but I did enjoy this one....it gives me a good chance to try to follow lines; which I don't do well.  So; here goes....

The Challenge was given by Terri Lucas....she is just a wonderful quilter. I didn't purchase the software to do exactly what she showed us. I printed up a copy of the sample and quilted it.

This is printed up on printable fabric....I have used these a number of times before; but never quilted on one of them. They are fantastic to FMQ on!! Taking a lot of ink for this one though.
Here in this one; you can see that I still don't follow a line well.  But I do like it.
Now the back....which turned out great. the heavier areas are where I travelled so much...overall; it went great.  I will add this to my year of FMQ post too.



16 comments:

  1. Wonderful! You are a pro at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. I like how the pattern came out on the material. You will have to show me how to do that. That lining didn't work for the place matts. Had to redo them. It would work if a person bindind them but not turning them inside out. That would take to much material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks excellent to me Marjorie !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out fabulous, Marjorie! Great job! I gotta get on this challenge and do some catching up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M-R....this was an easy one if you can follow a line,,,lol the software would be interesting too; I think. I just didn't want to purchase anything right now.

      Delete
  5. This turned out great! I'm planning to do this one too, and same as you, I've printed out the sample in the tutorial. The software looks like a lot of fun though, not to mention a time-drain, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think someone is getting hooked on FMQing .... awsome job!!
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Annette....it is getting more relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're doing a great job, Marjorie! Wow, you are sure a busy gal! Wish I could do the challenges and things you are involved in, they sound so much fun!

    BTW, thanks for the comment you left on my blog! Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete