My Website

Shepody's Quilter/Hand Quilting Services...send me your quilt top...I'll hand quilt it for you.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

WIP Wednesday

A very productive week for me!!  I got the Log Cabin quilt hand quilted this week. I put it in the frames last Tuesday and took it out yesterday. Now I can take it easy til after New Year; as far as quilting goes.  Still have sewing to do and decorating for the holiday.

So my works in progress are:  Log Cabin-done/king size

closer look....

The 'Bluenose' hasn't changed this week. Spent all my time on the one above!
RTQA top still needs borders; I may get at that now.
Have to start my 'Words' project for the blog hop in January.
Then on to Nancy Drew for March.

So; still lots to do here.  I am linking up to Elizabeth and Monika; hope you'll take a look.
Linking up to Richard and Tanya Finish Friday...join us.


19 comments:

  1. The quilt and your quilting is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really fast to get a quilt that large done. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just absolutely amazing how quickly you can do that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work. Did you get any sleep last week, or just quilt straight through? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It´s beautiful, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love log cabin quilts in general and your colors in particular! You really hand quilted a king size in less than a week? I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire....this one isn't mine. I was commissioned to hand quilt it. I do love it though. lol...This quilt is quick because it is mostly quilting in the ditch. And I was hurrying because she wanted it as a Christmas gift for someone.

      Delete
  7. I love the quilt! It's absolutely PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful job, Marjorie! You need to take those busy hands out for a massage or hot wax as payoff! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I can't believe you quilted that in just one week , amazing ! Are you sure you can't come next Wednesday to help us?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by Freshly Pieced and for your nice comments.

    I read on further in your blog, and really enjoyed reading about all your FMQ. So impressive! I hope that you felt it was worthwhile to do all the samples; I wish I had followed along in order to learn some more, too.

    Elizabeth E.
    opquilt.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing to get that quilting done in a week. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful job on the quilting. Wish you were here to help me with the t-shirt quilt! It's bigger than I thought it would be, but it looks good so far. I'll share a photo when it's done. Thank you for all your advice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful! Love the colours, the quilting, everything. It's a real classic

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hand quilting in the ditch just blows my mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So awesome. I admire you hand quilting. Fantastic job. I'm looking forward to how your Bluenose finishes. I don't know if I told you what a cool project I think it is.

    ReplyDelete