My Website

Shepody's Quilter/Hand Quilting Services...send me your quilt top...I'll hand quilt it for you.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Year of FMQ Challenges

It is hard to believe that we have done a year of this!  Time goes by way too quickly....now I am going to show you  samples from each month, plus 2 bonus challenges.  This post is putting me into the grand draw. Hope you bare with me for all the pictures; because they are not pretty....lol.
                                                                 
January was the leaves; which I loved doing...my first month, and I thought I had it! NOT...lol
February the feather...it took me awhile with this one....but I loved it in the end. This is the best I have done too...no feather like it since. lol.But I'll get it back...








March was loops and flowers,swirls..a bit of everything. I enjoyed it too; had fun with it.  It may not look like much here....but below you can see how incorporated a few of these together.







My first actual piece with all of the above challenges combined.  I really like this table topper. I feel that I have learned quite a bit with the first 3 months.








April was instructed by Don where we traced the pattern on tule and transferred it to fabric to be quilted.  This was quite easy and a great way to transfer.








May brought this one; not sure what I would call it really. It was to practice curvy lines across the track then  squared corners doing the same thing with them...I've never done this one since.







June brought this one...filling in our space.  I loved this challenge..I have a hard time knowing what I want to quilt; so this was great for me. And I kind of like how it turned out too.  Thanks Cindy for this one.







July was the month for tiling....lol. this confused me; I know, it doesn't take much.  I would forget where to go here.









 August is the Jesters Hat!!  Now mine wouldn't tell you; but it was fun to do....I did enjoy this one immensely









September challenge was very neat...I love this piece; pins and all..lol.  I used the tule do transfer this one too.  Works very well!!










October was so much fun!!!  I got to write my name...hard to see in the thread I used. It's in the middle...lol.  this gave us a variety to try for fillers. I am not good at all at straight lines. but I felt pretty good with this...over all.







November is the swirl....we drew a grid; mine could be a better grid; but.......lol.  I found this pretty good, but you do need to measure your grid right to make a nice line of them.









Dec. borders by Patsy Thompson....loved it.











Bonus challenge ....this was the photography piece.








I know this is a very long post, but I needed to show the whole year for the entry. I hope you didn't mind all of this....I didn\t experiment with too many threads, but from what I did use; I prefer the rayon. I found they were smooth to work with....no breaks or messes at all!!  This year was a great learning experience for me with this challenge.  I thank SewCalGal and all of our instructors for the time they took to spend with all of us.   Very much appreciated.
This will be linked up to SewCalGal

I have one more to add; the bonus Challenge for December by Teri Lucas...I love this one!!!!!


If you would really like to see the back of this sample and read more about it....please to to my newer post for Dec. 15th.  

29 comments:

  1. They are all very nice. Your table topper was really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Marjorie, sadly I did not keep up .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! your feather border looks awesome. You're super fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of learning! I think I like yor favorite one the bet too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great year and I am sure you learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice selection of samples! The colors would go nicely together if you wanted to join them and make a sampler. The design with the curves going across the track was one of my favorites - I think it would look fun on a child's quilt. They all were good challenges, weren't we lucky to sign on last January for this event?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea for that sample!!!! I am so very glad I signed up for this challenge.

      Delete
  7. these are fantastic, i can really see how much you grew from doing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your completed machine FMQ year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ladies!! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so neat to see these wrap-up posts and see how much progress we've all made! Congratulations on completing the challenge! Great job! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cool to see all the progress you have made over the year! I started out in January, and some in February, but then life got in the way and oops, that was that. So it was fun to see you follow through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb....you know it's never too late to get back at it. The challenges are all still posted on the sidebar and you can see here what we did. Give it a try at your own speed. Thank you for stopping by and your wonderful comment

      Delete
  12. You have done so well for the year - I love all your pieces. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All fantastic work! The trapunto looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on completing the Free Motion Challenge! Wasn't it fun?

    ReplyDelete