My Website

Shepody's Quilter/Hand Quilting Services...send me your quilt top...I'll hand quilt it for you.

Monday, April 23, 2012

FMQ Challenge/April 2012

I have been taking this challenge for 4 months now..put on by SewCalGal and her great instructors. I am having a great time with it too. This months challenge has been the easiest for me so far. This months teacher is Don Linn, who gave a fantastic video tutorial on making your own templates and transferring them to fabric. It worked out wonderful. Thank you Don.  So; here it is.....first I traced the template on to the toole:

This was with a black Sharpie...heat sealed the ink. Voila!!


I transferred it onto the fabric with an air soluable purple pen. I forgot that pic...lol.
front
Here is the first one quilted:You can still see a bit of the purple pen but not much else. So I did it again....in a little better color fabric.
back
Now I know it's not perfect...lol, but is improving. I felt more control with this piece. Don't look at my echoing!!!This will be linked up with SewCalGal for the April Challenge....Thanks Darlene and Don; it was fun...and a wonderful lesson.

8 comments:

  1. Great job Marjorie, I have yet to get to that FMQ , I have been just too busy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Marjorie. I just watched the wole video. I might like to get his book with the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful and I'm glad you said it's easy. I haven't done mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Marjorie -- I read / watch the tutorials each month but I haven't completed them. You are doing a great job !

    Thanks for sharing.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good. Did you find the air pen fade quick? Or was it not too bad?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being the prize winner for April!

    ReplyDelete