My Website

Shepody's Quilter/Hand Quilting Services...send me your quilt top...I'll hand quilt it for you.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

WIP Wednesday

NThe weeks are rolling by too quickly. I completely finished my huge project on Tiara, and will show you as soon as I can.  I am so very anxious!!!!!
Today I did finish my new tree skirt...I have an older one in traditional colors of red and green to go with my older decorations. This one will go with my newer ornaments which I usually switch out every couple of years.

It doesn't look anywhere near as nice here as it really does...It is so sparkley with this metalic fabric.
Now my quilting on the white star points don't show here either..lol.  I love them!!!!!
Here, on the back you can see the stitching...

I used a Coates silver metalic thread on top and white Glide Delight in the bobbing...pre wound.

9 comments:

  1. That is so pretty, Marjorie. The quilting does look wonderful on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Marjorie. I may have to look for that pattern and give it a try too. I have not seen Glide Delight before. Is it for your regular machine or for a long arm?
    Have a great week
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new tree skirt! The silver and blue are wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Marjorie!
    Lovely tree skirt!! I can see the beautiful feather you quilted. I too am working with a metallic, and about every fat quarter of fabric the thread breaks. I have the right metallic needle and set the tension very low. I have a thread guide and the thread is set besides the machine and guided through a "hook" on a stick. as far as I know, there is nothing I can do better. Do you have the same breakage or not?
    Thank you!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice tree skirt, do share a picture when the tree is up. Afraid I do not have a tree these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this project! You are so creative and productive! I admire your quilting skills!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's a beautiful tree skirt and I bet it is stunning in person! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need a tree skirt..thank you for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, I am glad to read your topic and could participate comment here
    I keep visiting your blog every day to find out the latest topics that you share here
    Glad to be begabung here, salute
    If there is a turning please visit my blog
    Vimax
    Vimax Asli
    Vimax Canada
    Obat Vimax

    ReplyDelete